There are a range of lightweight and compact gantries and cranes which are ideal for delivering mobility and portability within the lifting operations of a business. Here we explore the benefits of mobility and portability and why an investment in this equipment is well worth consideration.
Definition of mobility and portability in lifting operations
These two terms are inter-related but it will prove useful to clarify the distinction between the two terms before we begin:
· Mobility – This is the ability for the crane/gantry to be mobile and capable of being moved easily and freely
· Standard gantry systems should never be moved whilst under load however our aluminium gantries can be moved under load in certain circumstances when the correct procedures are followed. Always refer to manufacturer’s instructions.
· Portability – This is primarily the ability for the crane/gantry to be carried
Products available from Cranes Direct
Cranes Direct supply a number of products designed with mobility and portability for lifting operations in mind:
· A Frame gantry – With good reason this is also called a mobile gantry, read the full description at this link! This gantry will deliver the mobility and portability requirements of most businesses
· Aluminium gantry – This gantry is lightweight and compact and easy to assemble/disassemble, read more at this link.
The parts supplied in an aluminium gantry from Cranes Direct
So what are the benefits?
Here are some of the benefits brought by mobility and portability:
1) Access confined spaces – Due to their compact nature
2) Multiple location use – The device can be used in multiple locations throughout the business and is not fixed to a particular location. This contrasts to lifting devices which are attached to a ceiling or wall, etc. and usually require some sort of workplace alteration
3) Offsite use – The mobility/portability also enables the lifting device to be taken offsite where required to use at other premises
1) Speed of deployment – Associated with mobile and portable lifting devices is the ability to rapidly assemble and disassemble
2) Storage – A lifting device which is not in use can easily be placed into temporary storage
Although mobility is of benefit as discussed above lifting devices can be made semi-permanent through securing to the floor through a bolt where this is required.
Enjoy mobility and portability in your business
Mobility and portability is just one phone call away, Cranes Direct have a range of cranes and gantries for sale. Give Cranes Direct a call on 01384 76961 and we can discuss your crane and gantry requirements and create a custom solution for your business.