Due to their various benefits, mobile floor cranes are used extensively within many different industries. Here at Cranes Direct we supply floor cranes, all of which can help with your lifting and lowering tasks. Read on below to find out more about the main benefits of this piece of lifting equipment.
What are mobile floor cranes?
Also known as engine lifters, garage cranes or workshop cranes, a mobile floor crane is a lifting medium which is generally used in smaller working areas where space is limited. Often used in workshops to lift engines, or for unloading heavy objects in warehouse environments, floor cranes are versatile pieces of equipment that are extremely easy to use.
They are incredibly easy to use as well. To carry out your lifting and lowering tasks, you must first make sure the arm of the floor crane is raised. Position the floor crane over the load and attach the load to the hook at the end of the arm. The lever is then attached to the hydraulic system, and by cranking the lever up and down, the load is lifted or lowered with ease.
This equipment is regularly used to lift engines out of automobiles
At Cranes Direct, we supply two versions, both of which you can find here. Both these floor cranes can be used for heavy duty lifting, and come fully equipped with parking brakes.
Advantages of mobile floor cranes
Mobile floor cranes bring various advantages, and as a result are used extensively in workshops and warehouses worldwide. Some of these benefits include:
- Ability to lift in small spaces – they are relatively small pieces of lifting equipment and can therefore perform tasks where other lifting mediums would be unable to
- Good for specific tasks – as well as the ability to use these cranes in small spaces, they are also extremely useful in carrying out specific tasks, such as taking out or fitting car engines, and unloading loads off of pallets
- Foldable – the fact that they are foldable means that they can be stored when they are not needed, helping to save space in the workplace
- Heavy duty lifting – at Cranes Direct we stock models with SWLs (safe working loads) of up to 500kg or 1000kg, meaning we can help you with all your lifting and lowering needs. Remember to abide by the SWL of your working equipment – this is extremely important to ensure employees are safe. Refer to the LOLER (Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998) for more information
- Parking brakes – our models have parking brakes attached, ensuring the lifting medium stays in position while lifting and lowering a load
- Fast set up – due to their smaller size, these cranes take both a short amount of time and space to set up, meaning work can be completed at a faster rate
Contact us today
Listed above are the main benefits associated with this lifting medium in the workplace. If you have any other questions regarding this piece of equipment, please do not hesitate to contact our team, who will be happy to help. You can find our contact details here.